Thursday, November 15, 2007

Question Three

Is their any significance to the main characters names? Jesus being the murdered boy, Maria Jesus being the father, and Angel being the trustworthy friend.

2 comments:

Hailey 0 said...

I definetley think there was a significance in the names associated with the characters. Jesus was the name of the murdered boy, although he was nicknaemad Chuy. He is connected to Jesus because they both died for reasons that do not make sense and should not have happened. Although the names of the father and friend, Maria Jesus and Angel, have significant religious meaning, I believe they don't have any connection to the story told.

Madeline M said...

I believe they had those names because they are very common Hispanic names. They also are very religous, and they relate to God, heaven and death. Along with the rest of the book. It is also significant because both Chuy and Jesus were innocent when they died