Monday, November 19, 2007

Question Four

Is the authors description of the afterlife similar to how you pictured your afterlife?

2 comments:

Madeline M said...

Even though Gary Soto did a great job at writing this novel I disagree with him. I believe when you die it wont be that scary. I would descride the after life more peaceful, happier and more magical. Even though death is not very exciting, it should be because you are going into God's kingdom. Heaven is very beautiful, atlease from what I can imagine. So i diagree with Soto I don't think death would be that intense.

Hailey 0 said...

Very deep and meaningful question Vanessa! Although the author is enititled to his own opinions, i do not agree with what he has to say here. I believe the afterlife is a warm and welcoming place and not something that cold and lonely. I did not agree with the way that the author described Chuy's body disappearing. I would have been very scared. All in all death should be a welcoming expirience not an angonizing one.